••• WE THE SILIKIDS
Silikids began in 2006 as a labor of love for two friends and mothers, Giuliana Schwab and Stacey Feeley. With growing concerns about toxic materials in children’s products, Silikids was born; a children’s accessory company dedicated to making safe, clean and hygienic products out of SILICONE. As mothers, they noticed that many products for babies were already made of silicone; bottle nipples, pacifiers, etc. Research confirmed that silicone was indeed a magnificent material for children due to its non-porous nature, where no bacteria could hide; its high resistance to temperatures making it easy to boil and sterilize, and its soft, pliable quality lends itself to multiple uses.
Through the years as the Silikids kids grew up and new members were added to the family, the Silikids line gradually grew too. Silikids was the first company to introduce silicone sleeves for glass baby bottles, know as Siliskins. This concept quickly took off and Silikids eventually launched the Siliskin Glass Line; drinking glasses encased in silicone sleeves (a process those at Silikids call "skinning glass"). The company makes a variety of products ranging from kneepads for crawling babies, silicone sleeves for glass baby bottles, jars and containers as well as glass cups for kids and adults protected by their patent pending Siliskin. Through trial and error, blood, sweat and tears the Silikids Founders continue to innovate and launch new products.
What makes Silikids so "Sili?"
Here's a few facts you might not know about us:
- We can drop a glass bottle from a 4 story building without it breaking! That's why the patent pending Siliskin is the best around!
- Giuliana and Stacey (the Founders) refer to each other as their 2nd husbands.
- Every type of glassware imaginable in the Silikids' pantry is "skinned".
- You must own cowboy boots to enter the Silikids warehouse and shipping center.
- The Silikids dog is named Wrigley...can you guess where his owner's from?
- Every Silikids employee is a parent...we get it, because we live it.
In caring for the planet, a very conscious effort is made to produce products that last and promote reuse. Packaging is minimal, and silicone can be recycled at specific recycling centers (although not many local recycling centers take silicone). Since we care about the planet, you may send your silikids products back to us to recycle rather than throwing them away to a landfill!